Avondale Return to Learning | 2020-2021
The safety of our students is our number one priority in the Avondale School District. As we navigate this “new normal” together, our mission remains the same: to provide a safe learning environment in which all students have the unhindered ability to grow and thrive academically and as individuals. Here you will find an overview of our Return to Learning Plan for the 2020-2021 School Year as well as additional resources regarding state guidelines and other relevant information.
February 18, 2021-
1st Day of Hybrid In-Seat or Continued Remote Instruction
Approved by the Avondale Board of Education (March 15, 2021:
In-Seat Instruction: Students in TK – Grade 12 and Post High SKILL will report to a school building for full days on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Wednesdays will continue as asynchronous instructional days.
Fully Remote Instruction: Students in TK – Grade 12 and Post High SKILL will attend virtual online instruction for full days on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Wednesdays will continue as asynchronous instruction days.
Additional details can be downloaded here.
What does this mean for your student?
Students currently in fully remote instruction: If you would like to change your student from fully remote instruction to the 4 days in-seat + 1 day asynchronous instruction schedule please contact your building principal. If you would like your student to continue with fully remote instruction you do not have to do anything.
Students currently in hybrid/in-seat instruction:
- If you would like your student to continue with hybrid/in-seat instruction you do not have to do anything. Your child’s schedule will be automatically expanded to the 4 full days in-seat (M,T,Th and F) + asynchronous instruction on Wednesdays.
- If you would like to change your child from their current placement in hybrid/in-seat instruction to fully remote instruction then please contact your building principal.
Families choosing to change their current learning format, will be accommodated on a space available method as each classroom is sized differently throughout the district, particularly at the elementary level. Our goal is to accommodate all that we can safely and within space appropriations. There may be cases where an in-seat request for a particular elementary class results in a waiting list. For those choosing to go to remote from in-seat, if classes are full for the grade level at your elementary, opportunities may exist for scheduling in the same level at another elementary. We anticipate that most, if not all, secondary school requests to be accommodated.
Heightened Cleaning Protocols
Read an overview of cleaning protocols in place to ensure the health and safety of Avondale School District students and staff - click here.
Extended COVID-19 Learning Plan Goal 6 Months - click here
Extended COVID-19 Learning Plan Staff Training
Avondale School District continues Professional Development and Training during the pandemic to ensure that our staff members have opportunity to continually expand their knowledge of best practices in teaching; learn about advancements in technology to enhance curriculum delivery; and access tools and resources focused on teaching and learning during the pandemic. You can review the most current list of Professional Development and Training during the pandemic by clicking here.
COVID-19 Learning Plans Submitted and Approved
To ensure that all students in the State of Michigan receive equitable education during the COVID-19 Global Pandemic, the Michigan Department of Education has instituted a reporting system whereby all school districts must submit comprehensive plans for educating every student in their charge. You can review the Avondale School District plans, reconfirmed each month by the local School Board of Education, below.
- Avondale EXTENDED COVID-19 Learning Plan
- Avondale COVID-19 Response Plan
- Avondale COVID Response Plan (Early Childhood)
- Reconfirmation of Learning Plan October 2020
- Reconfirmation of Learning Plan November 2020
- Reconfirmation of Learning Plan December 2020
- Reconfirmation of Learning Plan January 2021
- Reconfirmation of Learning Plan February 2021
- Reconfirmation of Learning Plan March 2021
- Reconfirmation of Learning Plan April 2021
- Reconfirmation of Learning Plan May 2021
- Reconfirmation of Learning Plan June 2021