Food & Nutrition Services in
Avondale School District
Our Food Service Department is managed by Chartwells Dining Service, who is dedicated to providing quality meals and nutrition to students and staff throughout the Avondale School District. Providing nutritious and well-balanced school breakfast and lunch programs is a top priority to help ensure our students receive the care and fuel they need throughout their day.
See below for more information on school menus, as well as free and reduced cost meal plan options.
For More Information Contact:
Our school menus are easy-to-access and always up-to-date, thanks to our partnership with Chartwells K12 and Nutrislice. You can access Avondale menus on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone using the website or the free app.
Using the Website
- Navigate to avondale.nutrislice.com in your browser of choice and click the blue “View Menus” button.
- Select the grade level of your school.
- Select the school’s menu you wish to view.
- Once within the site, you will see the interactive menu. Hovering over a food will show an image and description.
Using the App
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play store and open it on your mobile phone.
- Select your state, followed by your school district.
- Select the grade level, school, and then the school menu you wish to view.
- Once within the menu, the app will default to the current day. From here you can select a food to find its description.
Free & Reduced Cost Meals –
Information & Application
We want to provide every student with access to nutritional, balanced meals during every school day. Students may be eligible for free or reduced cost meals through participation in certain Federal Assistance Programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or based on their status as a homeless, migrant, runaway, or foster child. Children enrolled in a federally-funded Head Start program or a comparable State-funded pre-kindergarten program are also eligible for free meals. Students can also qualify based on household income and family size. To find out if you qualify for free or reduced cost meals, fill out the online application below. You can submit your completed application online through the Meal Magic Family Portal. Any questions can be forwarded to Megan Haase via the contact information at the top of this page.Online Application