Who Is Avondale?
Avondale School District provides a first-rate educational experience for all of it’s students. Our staff is passionate about helping your child grow developmentally, emotionally, mentally, and physically so that they have the best possible tool set at their disposal once they graduate. We offer a variety of programs to suit every academic scenario, including our outstanding Special Education, Gifted & Talented, and Early College programs. We also practice Project Based Learning in all of our schools to further enable our students to grow and take ownership of their learning experiences. Our curriculum and teaching methods help students develop their critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills - skills that will carry through into their future. Avondale School District participates in the State of Michigan Schools Of Choice program, allowing us to open up our superb educational experience to those outside our district that want to take part in all that Avondale has to offer.
The Avondale School District will cultivate innovation, foster strong relationships and engage ALL students in real-world experiences to inspire and empower tomorrow’s leaders and responsible citizens.
The Avondale School district, in partnership with the community, prepares ALL students to be lifelong learners and to achieve success in a globalized society.
We envision a district in which staff members use instruction and assessment to ensure the achievement of all learners.
- We will collaborate on a continuing basis.
- We will use ongoing, common assessments to design and adapt instruction.
- We will use research based formative and summative assessments that measure student progress.
- We will continuously research, create, evaluate and adapt best practice instructional strategies.
- We will incorporate instructional strategies that address multiple learning styles and promote higher level thinking.
- We will incorporate instructional strategies that address the diverse backgrounds of all learners.
We envision a community that promotes, recognizes and celebrates individual and collaborative effort and achievement.
- We will maintain a safe and nurturing environment for all students.
- We will encourage an active partnership between parents and teachers in the education of our students.
- We will create a climate of mutual respect that recognizes the diversity of our school community.
- We will promote a culture of collaboration within the school community.
- We will develop and maintain active partnerships with the community to promote authentic experiences and volunteer opportunities.
We envision a district in which staff, students, and parents maximize the use of current technology.
- We will use technology to support and enhance instruction.
- We will use technology to support and enhance communication with the school community.
- We will ensure that teachers and students have equitable access to technology.
- We will ensure that continuous instruction and support will be provided to all staff to maximize the integration of technology.
We envision a district in which a rigorous and relevant curriculum is effectively implemented.
- We will deliver a curriculum that is aligned to current National/State standards.
- We will clearly communicate curriculum to all stakeholders.
- We will ensure a uniform and systemic curriculum that supports student learning at all grade levels.
Goals and Shared Beliefs
- All students will be on track to be college/career ready in literacy.
- All students will be on track to be college/career ready in mathematics.
- All students will be on track to be college/career ready in science.
- All students will be on track to be college/career ready in social studies.
Our Shared Beliefs
- Student success is the focus of everything we do.
- All students can achieve.
- The inclusion of all forms of diversity adds value and strength to the Avondale community.
- Every student is entitled to a high quality education in a school district committed to excellence.
- Collaborative decision-making is based on relevant research and data.
- The stewardship of Avondale Schools is based on honesty, integrity, accountability and transparency.
- Our unique community culture fosters personal attention, cohesion and caring.
- The size of our district provides for greater opportunities.
- A well-rounded school experience prepares students for life.
- A safe and secure environment is critical for success.
- All voices will be heard and considered