Avondale Middle School -Home of the Mustangs
Avondale Middle School serves 6th-8th grade students within Avondale School District. Not only do our facilities provide an edge for students in the competitive world of academics, athletics, and extracurriculars through diverse course offerings and opportunities to get involved, but we've also earned many awards, including Oakland County’s Teacher of the Year award and National Blue Ribbon School award.
At Avondale Middle School, we are passionate about guiding students to be the best citizens they can be through our Mustang MANIA program which encourages students to: Maintain Respect, Always Do Your Best, Need to Be Responsible, In and Around Avondale Middle School!
Avondale Middle School
1445 W Auburn Road Rochester Hills, MI
Main Line: (248) 537-6300
Attendance Line: (248) 537-6310
Fax: (248) 537-6305
Dr. Katie Gomez
Interm Principal(248) 537-6399
Assistant Principal(248) 537-6398
Find a Middle School Teacher:
Full Day: 7:53 AM- 2:46 PM
Half Day: 7:53 AM-11:07 AM
Early Release (Professional Development): 1:00 PM
Avondale Middle School Pride
To develop students’ academic proficiency and responsible citizenship in an atmosphere of collaboration between students, teachers, and parents.
- Curriculum that is creatively aligned to state standards and benchmarks.
- Ongoing common assessments that are used to design and adapt instruction that ensures quality learning.
- Instructional strategies that reflect best practices, promote engagement, and ensure learning for all students.
- Curriculum, instruction, and assessment that are student-centered and foster a school culture that promotes collaboration.
- All students achieve in a middle school committed to excellence.
- A well-rounded middle school experience prepares all student for academic success as they continue into high school.
- Differentiating instruction is essential in order for all students to learn.
- Extracurricular opportunities enrich the middle school experience for all students.
- Parents play an essential role in their child’s academic and social development.
- A safe and secure school environment is critical for student success.
Academics, Athletics & Extracurricular Activities
Students at Avondale Middle School are challenged with a robust academic platform intended to help them reach their greatest potential, including courses in Advanced English and Math, Technology, Fine Arts (Art, Band, Choir, Drama), and three foreign languages to choose from. A Leadership class is also offered to help promote skills in project planning and implementation to ready students for high school and beyond. For those with athletic interests, AMS offers competitive and non-competitive sports like football, cheerleading, basketball, bowling, golf, skiing, snowboarding, and more! But that's not all – AMS extracurricular clubs and activities suit a wide range of interests, like our competitive robotics team, National Junior Honor Society, Jazz Band, theater program, and more!
Get Involved at Avondale Middle School
Throughout Avondale School District, we are committed to supporting each student's road to the future. With such a wide range of backgrounds and student interests, we're proud to offer a diverse array of opportunities for students to get involved in something that excites them whether that be in the classroom or outside of the classroom. Explore all of the information available at the bottom of this page to learn more about our academic, athletic, and extracurricular offerings. If you don't see what you are looking for, be sure to contact one of our staff members for further assistance as we have countless opportunities to get involved that are not listed on this page.
Student Support Services
The Middle School Years have been called one of the highest stress periods in human development. Avondale Middle School offers many student support services to help provide the necessary assistance and materials for growth, academic progress, social development, and more. Our Middle School Guidance Program has been planned and developed to meet the changing needs of students, parents, and staff by using resources in the school, home, and community. Our student Support services include:
- Remediation courses in reading and math
- Special services, ASD, and ESL classes
- After-school homework club and ESL tutoring
- Bridge Buddy Peer Mentoring Program
- Mustang MANIA Program
- PBIS (Positive Behaviors and Interventions Support)
- Full-time social worker and two full-time counselors
Avondale Middle School Information & Resources
Below you’ll find many resources, downloads, and information relating to Avondale Middle School's academics, athletics, extracurricular activities, counseling, scheduling, and more! Have a question? Please do not hesitate to reach out for assistance using the contact information at the top of this page. There are many materials and resources you may need during your time at Avondale Middle School, so if you don't see what you need here, please let us know!
Information & Resources
- Full Day Schedule
- Attendance Policy
- Online Payments
- Chartwells Food Service
- Bus Routes
- Annual Education Report
- School Improvment Plan
- Bullying Report Form
- Career Development
- Student Technology AUP & Communications Release
- Permission for Prescribed Medication
- Student Handbook & Code of Conduct
Curriculum & Scheduling
- 5th to 6th Grade Student Presentation
- 5th to 6th Grade Summer Reading List
- 6th Grade Curriculum
- 6th Grade School Supply List
- 6th Grade Scheduling Card
- 7th Grade Curriculum
- 6th to 7th Grade Scheduling Presentation
- 7th Grade Scheduling Card
- 7th Grade Advanced English Information
- 7th Grade School Supply List
- 6th to 7th Grade Summer Reading List
- 8th Grade Curriculum
- 7th to 8th Grade Scheduling Letter
- 8th Grade School Supply List
- 7th to 8th Grade Summer Reading List
- 8th Grade Advanced English Summer Reading Packet
- 8th Grade Scheduling Card
- 7th to 8th Grade Scheduling Presentation
Clubs & Groups
Avondale Middle School PTO