Auburn Elementary -
Home of the Eagles
Auburn Elementary School serves grades K-5 within the Avondale School District. Our mission is to provide the highest level of education and maximize every student’s potential. We strive to develop positive social, emotional, intellectual, and physical skills within each student to build a foundation for becoming a productive citizen and lifelong learner. At Auburn Elementary, students learn to be confident in their abilities, excited about learning, and motivated to do their best. We strive to maintain a positive and challenging learning environment that our students can thrive in because when our students succeed, we succeed.
2900 Waukegan Street Auburn Hills, MIAuburn Elementary Newsletter
Auburn Elementary Vision
- All students are accepted unconditionally as individuals. They will be nurtured, encouraged, and supported so that they grow and learn to their fullest potential.
- Staff will put forth their highest effort in leadership, professionalism, collaboration, and mutual respect to accomplish our goals.
- Students will be confident in their ability to learn, excited about the learning process, and motivated to do their personal best.
- The school environment will demonstrate student responsibility in creating an atmosphere that is both emotionally and physically safe.
- The staff will work toward common, specific goals through the use of meaningful curriculum, while providing a consistent discipline plan.
Auburn Elementary Curriculum
We strive to effectively implement an engaging and relevant curriculum to set our students on a path to achieving abundant success. Our elementary curriculum is aligned with current National and State Standards and supports student’s learning at all grade levels. At Auburn Elementary, we utilize our computer labs and in-classroom technology to enhance and support our curriculum, including Nook tablets, ELMO’s, and projectors. While college and/or career readiness may seem far away, at the elementary school level, it is important for us to build a solid foundation in literacy, mathematics, science, and social studies through innovative teaching methodologies. Click below to learn more about our specific curriculum for each grade level.Curriculum Resources
Elementary Education is
the Road to the Future
Student success is the focus of everything we do at Auburn Elementary and with Avondale School District. We believe that every student deserves a high-quality education in an inclusive, encouraging environment. A well-rounded school experience helps to prepare students for their life after Avondale, which is why we utilize methodologies like Project Based Learning and Design Thinking to teach students valuable life skills like collaboration, cooperation, decision-making, problem-solving, and self-assessment. Each student is unique, and their individual path may be different, but we are here to support their road to the future!
Information & Resources
Below you will find all of the information and resources you and your student will need while attending Auburn Elementary School. Have a question? Reach out to us using the contact information at the top of this page and we’d be happy to assist you!