Auburn Hills Morning Optimist Club at Avondale School District
The Auburn Hills Morning Optimist Club supports all opportunities for the healthy growth and maturity of the young residents of the Auburn Hills area. Chartered in 1976 by Optimist International, the Auburn Hills Morning Optimist Club meets every Thursday at 7:30 am at the Auburn Hills Boys & Girls Club (at the corner of
Waukegan and Squirrel) to discuss and plan activities, programs, and funding through their partnership with Avondale School District.
Meetings Every Thursday at 7:30 am
at the Auburn Hills Boys and Girls Club
The Optimist Creed
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
In partnership with the Avondale School District, the Auburn Hills Morning Optimist Club supports many activities and events, including:
- Oratorical Contest
- Avondale Special Olympics Track and Field Team
- R. Grant Graham Bicycle Safety
- Avondale High School Senior All-Night Party
- Post-High SKILL Program
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Youth Assistance Back-To-School Shopping
- Youth Assistance Recognition Night
- Avondale High School All-State Student Athlete Plaques
- Avondale High School Homecoming Parade
- Avondale High School Mom Squad
- Educator of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Avondale Education Foundation Hearts & Hands 5K Fun Run
- Junior Golf Tournament
- Avondale High School Boys & Girls State (sponsorship with the American Legion)
The Auburn Hills Morning Optimist Club provides funding & volunteer assistance for the Matilda R. Wilson Boys & Girls Club by supporting:
- Steak and Burger Dinner
- Annual Golf Outing Fundraiser
- Leadership Awards Dinner
- Annual Halloween Party
- Youth Game Night
- Tri-Star Basketball
As a valued partner in the Community, the Auburn Hills Morning Optimist Club:
- recognizes excellence in public service by awarding Police Office of the Year and Firefighter of the Year
- celebrates education through participation in the Excellence in Education Banquet
- supports the efforts of other area service organizations like the Salvation Army Ring the Bell campaign and The River Church’s Backpacks for Back-To-School campaign.